Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Jewlery Pillow

Chris gave me a sewing Machine for Christmas this year and I finally got a chance to try it out. Saddly I learned quickly that I'm a pretty piss poor sewer. Chris and I read through the instructions together and finally got it all set up. We first tested it out on a very spongy fabric that had alot of give this didn't go to well. So we thought we'd try paper. The above photo is just a few of the different stitches the machine can do. The one just below is kitty lounging on some of the fabric scraps I picked up at fabric land. He enjoys sewing just as much as I do!


Here's my first project a couple of simple pillows. They turned out pretty good but I need to practice my slip stich.


As promised, way before Christmas, here are a few of the charms I made for friends and family. The charms are sea glass from the shores of Prince Edwars Island. The most comon ones are Brown, green and white from beer, wine and clear glass. We picked up quite a few of tho's. Blue is a bit harder to find, we only found 5. And the hardest to find is red. Needless to say we couldn't find any reds.




These were made useing a jewlery wire. I used needle nose plyers to wrap the wire around and kink the wire to make it snug.

No comments: